Privacy Notice: We use cookies to improve your experience on our website. You can find out more and opt out by clicking here.


Frequently asked questions

Please refer to our FAQs if you need assistance with any aspect of your super.


What is the Superannuation Guarantee (SG)?

The Superannuation Guarantee (SG) is the official term used to describe the mandatory superannuation payments made by employers. Under Australian law, employers are required to contribute a minimum of 10.5% of your salary into your super fund. SG contributions are designed to help build your super and generate an income for when you retire.

Are there exceptions to the Super Guarantee?

Yes, super payments are not required for employees that are under 18 and working less than 30 hours per week.

Other exceptions include

- Non-resident employees you pay for work they do outside Australia
- Foreign executives with certain visas or entry permits 
- Employees paid under the Community Development Employment Program
- employees temporarily working in Australia who are covered by a bilateral super agreement. 

What is preservation age?

The preservation age is the minimum age at which you can access your superannuation benefit. If you were born before 1 July 1960, your preservation age is 55; this gradually increases to 60 if you were born after 30 June 1964.

Can I access my super early?

You may be able to access your super benefit early due to the following circumstances 

1.   A terminal medical condition 
2.   Financial hardship
3.   Compassionate grounds
4.   Permanent incapacity

All early release applications are subject to approval by your super fund and may require additional evidence.

See also: Can temporary residents in Australia access their super?

Terminal medical condition

You may be able to claim your super early if you have been diagnosed with a terminal illness or injury that, in the opinion of a specialist medical practitioner, is likely to lead to your death within 24 months from the date of diagnosis.

Please contact us when applying as withdrawing your full super balance may impact your insurance benefits.

Severe financial hardship

If you are in severe financial hardship it may be possible to access up to $10,000 of your super (although this cap is  removed if you are over your preservation age). To claim, you must satisfy one of the following:

1.   You’re under preservation age, unable to afford immediate and reasonable family living expenses and have been receiving Commonwealth income support payments continuously for at least 26 weeks.
2.   You’ve reached preservation age, you’re unemployed (or working less than 10 hours a week) on the date you submit your application and; you have been receiving Commonwealth income support payments for a total of at least 39 weeks.

The minimum amount that can be paid to you is $1,000 and the maximum is $10,000 (minus any taxes). You can only make one withdrawal on the grounds of financial hardship in any 12-month period. If you hold a temporary resident visa, you are not able to apply for financial hardship. 

Compassionate grounds

You may be able to apply for early access to your superannuation benefit if you need help to pay for:
-   Medical or dental treatment for yourself or a dependent, or pay for transport to the treatment
-   Overdue mortgage payments to prevent the sale of your home
-   Funeral expenses for you or your dependants
-   Palliative care costs for you or your dependants with a terminal medical condition
-   Home or car modifications to better accommodate you or your dependant’s severe disability

If you wish to make an application for the early release of your benefit on compassionate grounds, you will need to apply to the Australian Tax Office. Please contact our Helpline to discuss the process on 1800 682 626.  

Permanent incapacity

In the event that you become seriously ill or are permanently incapacitated, you may be able to claim your super balance early.  In order to receive any benefit you must show that, due to serious illness or injury, you are no longer able to work in any (or your own) occupation, and not be able to return to work.

For more information please read the PDS.


Who gets my super if I die?

In the event of your death, Equip must pay your super benefit and any insurance benefit to your dependents, unless you do not have any. Dependents can include: 
-   Your spouse (including de facto or same-sex partners)
-   Your children (including step kids or adopted children)
-   Anyone who is financially dependent on you
-   Anyone who has an interdependent relationship with you

In most cases, you can nominate who you would like your benefits to go to via binding and non-binding nominations. 

Binding nomination – A written, legal direction that states who receives your benefit and in what proportions. This is a free service for Equip members.
Non-binding nomination – A preferred nomination that guides your super fund on who should receive your benefit, however, it is not legally binding and may be contested.

If you don’t nominate anyone, it is left with your super fund to decide who receives your death benefit. If you do not have any dependents, your benefit will be paid to your estate and managed as per instructions in your will or for those without a will, via legal procedures. 
Please contact our member service team for more details on (03) 9248 5923.

Can temporary residents in Australia access their super?

Yes, you can access your superannuation benefit once you have left Australia permanently. You are eligible under the Departing Australia Superannuation Payment (DASP) condition of release if:
1.   You entered Australia on any eligible temporary visa and
2.   You have left Australia on a permanent basis and your visa has expired/been cancelled
3.   You are not an Australian or New Zealand citizen
4.   You do not hold a 405 or 410 retirement visa

You can make an online DASP application or download a paper form via the Australian Tax Office (ATO) website 

What happens to my super if I change jobs?

Equip members can switch jobs while retaining the same super account. Just notify your new employer and HR department that you want your Superannuation Guarantee (SG) contributions to be paid into your Equip fund via a Standard Choice form. 

Download a Standard Choice form here

Can I transfer my UK pension into Equip?

Equip has suspended the acceptance of transfers from UK pension schemes until further notice. Until April 2015 Equip was a Qualifying Recognised Overseas Pension Schemes (QROPS) under UK law. In April 2015 UK laws changed. Consequently we were required to advise the UK authority Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) that we were no longer a qualifying scheme, due to the differences in UK and Australian law.

We are aware that the Australian Treasury Department is having discussions with HMRC to clarify the situation; however, it is possible that any UK pension transferred to Equip will incur an additional tax penalty of up to 55%. To avoid any additional tax liability for members, Equip has decided to suspend the acceptance of transfers from UK pension schemes until further notice.

The HMRC website includes the following notification:

If a scheme has ceased to be a QROPS, individuals who transferred their pension savings to that pension scheme before it ceased to be a QROPS will be subject to UK tax on the same basis as if the scheme had remained a QROPS. They will be able to remain as members and receive a pension paid from the sums transferred without automatically incurring additional UK tax charges.

You can find more information on the HMRC website here.

How do I find my lost super?

Finding your lost super is simple and easy using our SuperMatch service. All we need is your consent to use your Tax File Number (TFN) to search for any lost super you may have. 

Click here to try use our Supermatch service. 

Growing your super

How do super contributions work for the self-employed?

Super contributions are your own responsibility if you’re self-employed.

To take advantage of pre-tax (or concessional) contributions, you must make after-tax contributions, which is most easily done using BPAY. You then notify us that you intend to claim a tax deduction for them. Pre-tax contributions are generally taxed at 15%. We will then deduct 15% tax on the amount you are claiming as a deduction. Any amount you are claiming as a tax deduction will also count towards the limits on concessional contributions, which are currently $27,500 per year, as well as towards the threshold for Division 293 tax.

To notify us, please use this ATO form.

How can I boost my super with voluntary contributions?

You can see how your super balance compares to other people in your age bracket by visiting our Move the Dial page. If you’d like to boost your balance you have a variety of options, including

-   Salary sacrifice – You can make additional contributions to your super from your (pre-tax) salary. This not only boosts the amount, it can save you tax. 
-   Spouse contributions - This is an after-tax contribution that can help boost your spouse’s balance,  and may provide you with a tax offset in return. 
-   Voluntary after tax contributions - Contributions made from your take-home pay or savings. If you make personal (after-tax) contributions you may also qualify for the Government co-contribution. 

How does the Government co-contribution work?

The Government Co-contribution is a scheme put in place to help low income earners boost their retirement savings. If you meet certain criteria and make after-tax contributions to your super, you could receive an annual top up from the government, e.g. for every $1 in additional contributions you make (up to $1,000), the Government will chip in $0.50, up to $500. 

If you are eligible, your co-contribution will be calculated and automatically placed into your super by the Australian Tax Office (ATO). 

Download the PDF to learn more.

Why should I consolidate my super?

Consolidating your super into one account can be beneficial if you’ve had more than one job and, as a result, have more than one super account. Consolidating your super means you can

-   Keep track of your super and your account activity from one convenient place
-   Cut down on extra fees and costs from other funds
-   Potentially discover lost super

Before moving any super, it is a good idea to check with your current fund/s about any insurance you may have with them before transferring your balance/s. 

For more information on how to transfer your super into Equip, click here.

What is salary sacrifice?

Salary sacrifice is when you ask your employer to direct some of your pre-tax salary into your superannuation account. This is in addition to the mandatory Superannuation Guarantee (SG) contributions already made into your super account. Salary sacrifice contributions are taxed at the lower rate of 15% rather than the marginal tax rate. 

There are limits on how much you can put into your super via salary sacrifice each year. Under the concessional (pre-tax) contributions cap, you can contribute up to $27,500 including your 10.5% Superannuation Guarantee (SG) contributions.  

If you would like to start making salary sacrifice contributions, you should contact your employer’s Human Resources or payroll office. Please note that these caps are subject to change in the future.

Download the PDF to learn more.

What is contribution splitting?

Contribution splitting is when you split up to 85% of your annual pre-tax contributions from your account to your spouse’s account (or vice versa). Your contributions can only be split once a year and are free of charge between Equip accounts. 

Employer contributions are eligible for splitting. This includes
-   Superannuation Guarantee payment
-   Salary sacrifice contributions
-   Other employer funded contributions 

If you are considering contribution splitting, we recommend speaking to a financial planner.

How do spouse contributions work?

A spouse contribution is an after-tax contribution paid by one partner into the other’s super account. Under current tax rules, if your partner is earning less than $40,000 a year, you may be eligible to receive an 18% tax offset on super contributions of up to $3,000. 

If your spouse is aged between 67 and 75, you can only contribute if your spouse satisfies that they have worked at least 40 hours over a 30 day period.

Download the PDF to learn more.

How can I make my super last?

People are living longer than ever, so it’s important to understand how much money you will need in retirement and how long it will need to last. You can get started by consulting the following resources:

1.   Equip’s Retirement Calculator can estimate how long your super will last, and how it may be impacted by the Government Age Pension.
2.   Products like Equip MyPension are designed to invest your superannuation in retirement, while providing you with an income. 
3.   Speaking to a financial planner can help you understand retirement planning options like a transition to retirement pension (TRP).

When can I access my super?

You can access your super under one of the following three conditions:

-   When you reach 65 (even if you are still employed) 
-   When you reach your preservation age and fully retire
-   When you are on a Transition to Retirement Pension (TRP) and still working.

There are limited circumstances when you may be able to access your super benefit early for medical or financial issues. 

Find out more on our Accessing your super page

How much super will I need for retirement?

The amount of super needed in retirement varies on an individual basis and is dependent on a number of factors including; your income, your lifestyle and your savings. 

While there isn’t a simple answer, Equip’s Retirement Calculator tool can give you an idea of how long your super benefit will last and project your future income based on your circumstances. All you need to do is answer a few simple questions based on your income and retirement objectives. 

Try our Retirement Calculator here 

If you would like personal advice, we also recommend speaking to one of our financial planners.  

How does casual/contract work affect my super?

If you often work irregular hours or have gaps in your employment, it can mean that you can’t always contribute to your super on a regular basis. This can affect your benefit in the long term and the amount you have to retire with. 

However if you are eligible, you could receive up to $500 in super contributions from the government under the Government Co-contribution scheme. 

Find out more about Government Co-contribution here.

What is the total superannuation balance?

The total superannuation balance concept took effect on 1 July 2017 to value your total super interests on a given date. 

Your total superannuation balance will be relevant when working out your eligibility for:

  • - the unused concessional contributions cap carry-forward;
  • - the non-concessional contributions cap and the two- or three-year bring-forward period;
  • - the government co-contribution;
  • - the tax offset for spouse contributions.
  • Your total superannuation balance will be generally calculated at the end of each financial year. For example, if your total superannuation balance at the end of a the financial year is $1.6 million or more, then your non-concessional contributions cap in the following financial year will be nil. 

For further information, refer to the ATO website or Helpline.


What types of insurance are available through Equip?

Equip offers three types of cover.

Death: Death cover provides a lump sum benefit for your dependents if you pass away. You may be able to claim an advance payment of your benefit if you are diagnosed with a terminal illness.

Total and permanent disablement (TPD): TPD cover provides you with a lump sum benefit to help you cover your financial commitments if you are unable to work due to becoming totally and permanent disabled.

Income protection (IP): IP cover provides you with a monthly benefit to help you continue to pay your expenses if you’re injured or ill and unable work.

Learn more about Equip insurance and how to apply here.

What are the benefits of insurance through my super?

Taking out insurance through Equip can provide you with a number of benefits that could save you money and provide you with peace of mind. The benefits include:

Low premiums: Insurance cover in Equip is competitively priced

Insurance to suit you: Cover in Equip is flexible, so you can adjust it to better suit your circumstances

Minimal health evidence: In most circumstances, you are given an automatic level of insurance cover when you first join the fund as an employee, without you having to provide any health evidence

Easy payments: Never forget about paying or budgeting for your premiums, as payments are debited straight from your account, provided you have sufficient funds.


What is a transition to retirement pension (TRP)?

A transition to retirement pension (TRP) is an account that allows you to start accessing your super before you retire. It is a flexible way to gradually move from work into retirement while supplementing your income and contributing to your super. To be eligible for this, you will need to have reached your preservation age. 

Learn more about the transition to retirement pension (TRP) here

How do I receive payments from Equip once I retire?

Any regular payments or lump sums withdrawals are paid directly into your nominated bank account. You can choose to receive your payments on a fortnightly, monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or annual basis. Once your application has been processed, the payment due dates are as follows:

Fortnightly – Every second Thursday
Monthly – The 15th of each month (or the working day prior if the 15th falls on a weekend or public holiday)
Quarterly – The 15th of every quarter month i.e. March, June, September and December
Half-yearly/annually – We will commence payments on a 6 or 12 month basis once you have contacted us with a nominated month for your first payment. Your payment date will still remain the 15th of any given month unless you request a change. 

What is an account based pension (ABP)?

An account based pension (ABP) is a flexible and tax effective strategy that can provide you with a regular income stream during your retirement. It can be started with a lump sum once you have fully retired and reached your preservation age. You can adjust your payments (subject to a minimum amount) or make lump sum withdrawals at any time.

You must draw a minimum amount from your ABP account per year which is calculated using an age based percentage and your account balance. Your income payments are tax free once you reach the age of 60. 

Please note that drawdown rates have been halved for the 2021/2022 financial year - you can find more information here.

Learn more about the Equip Account Based Pension (ABP) here.

What is the Equip MyPension?

Equip MyPension is a long-term investment strategy designed to look after your investments and income while growing your savings. It doesn’t allow you to change or select investment strategies, as these are locked in to our ‘three bucket’ strategy. While you can choose your annual income, it is intended for those who wish to take out no more than 7% of their initial account balance as income per year. 

The Equip MyPension investment strategy is available within the Equip Account Based Pension (ABP).

Learn more about the Equip MyPension here.

Learn more about the Equip Account Based Pension (ABP) here.

How much money can I put into my pension account?

A limit applies to the total amount you can transfer into tax-free retirement income streams, such as an account based pension. This limit, also known as the transfer balance cap, is currently $1.6 million, and includes any pension accounts or annuities you may have.


What are my investment options with Equip?

We offer two different types of investment products for our members: 

1. Equip’s Diversified options:
-   Contain a range of asset classes, balancing growth and defensive assets in different proportions

2. Equip’s Single Sector options:
-   Enables you to invest in a single asset class or your desired mix of asset classes, from low risk (such as Cash) to high risk (such as Overseas Shares).

Before considering any investments, we recommend speaking to a financial advisors.

First Home Super Saver Scheme

Am I eligible for the First Home Super Saver scheme?

You can start making super contributions from any age, but you can't request a release of amounts under the First home super saver (FHSS) scheme until you are 18 years old, and you:

  • . have never owned property in Australia – this includes an investment property, vacant land, commercial property, a lease of land in Australia, or a company title interest in land in Australia (unless the ATO determines that you have suffered a financial hardship)
  • . have not previously requested the Commissioner to issue a FHSS release authority in relation to the scheme.

Eligibility is assessed on an individual basis. This means that couples, siblings or friends can each access their own eligible FHSS contributions to purchase the same property. If any of you have previously owned a home, it will not stop anyone else who is eligible from applying. 

The property you purchase must be a residential premises and you have up to 12 months from the time you receive an FHSS payment from the ATO to sign a contract to purchase or construct a home. If you purchase a block of land to build your home on, you must have a contract in place to construct the home with the 12 month period.

For more information on the terms and conditions of eligibility for the FHSS scheme, please visit the ATO website.

How do I commence salary sacrificing?

You can ask your employer's HR or payroll office to make additional contributions into your super account. You do not have to contact Equip to set this up. These additional contributions used for the FHSS scheme are automatically identified as voluntary employer contributions when we receive them and are separate to your employer's mandatory superannuation guarantee (SG) contributions, which are normally 9.5% of your salary or wage.

How much am I allowed to contribute?

You can make extra contributions up to the normal limits applying to super:

> $27,500 for employer contributions, or those for which you have claimed a tax deduction (concessional); and/or

> $110,000 for after-tax contributions paid out of your after-tax pay or savings (non-concessional), for which you have not claimed a tax deduction.

However, there are limits to how much of these voluntary contributions you can withdraw under the FHSS scheme.

How much am I allowed to withdraw under FHSS?

You are allowed to withdraw the sum of your eligible contributions into super and their associated 'deemed' earnings, taking into account the yearly and total limits under FHSS. Those limits are:

> $15,000 in any one financial year; 

> $50,000 in total across all years.

See below for information on deemed earnings.

Will the money put in for the scheme be in a separate account?

No. Any voluntary contributions are paid into your existing Equip account. They are identified as voluntary contributions as we receive them from you or your employer. This means contributions eligible for withdrawal under the FHSS scheme are easily identifiable.

What happens to the money if I change my mind?

If you change you mind about using the money for the home savings scheme, it is retained in your super account until you meet one of the other conditions of release i.e. retirement, an insurance claim or other permitted by the rules.

Do I also receive investment earnings when I withdraw money under the FHSS scheme?

The ATO has set earnings on contributions withdrawn under the FHSS scheme at a 'deeming rate', which is based on the 90-day bank bill rate plus 3% (shortfall interest rate). This the earnings amount paid on contributions irrespective of whether your earnings are negative, lower or higher than the actual earnings on your investment in the fund.

Do fees and taxes apply as they do for normal super?

Yes they do. In addition, on withdrawal of funds under the FHSS scheme, the ATO advises that it will withhold tax that will be calculated on one of the following bases:

. your expected marginal tax rate, including the Medicare levy, less a 30% offset; OR

. 17% if the ATO is unable to estimate your expected marginal rate.

How do I withdraw my money for FHSS?

You need to request an FHSS determination from the ATO. When you apply, the ATO will tell you what your maximum FHSS amount is. You can request a determination more than once. You can then decide to apply for a release of your amounts if you are ready to purchase your home. Note that:

> you can apply only once for a release; and

> you must confirm that, as part of your release, you will not claim further tax deductions on the non-concessional contributions included in the determination.

Once your request is approved, the ATO will issue a release authority to Equip and/or other super funds requesting we send your release amount to the ATO. It is at this point that the ATO will calculate and withhold the appropriate tax amount and offset the remaining amount against any Commonwealth debts, for example, unpaid taxes. After this, the ATO will release your money to you.

Receiving an FHSS payment rrequires you to complete additional information in your tax return. For more information, please visit the ATO website.

The Equip app - getting started

Where can I find the Equip app?

The app is available via the Apple App Store and Google Play. You can find more info and links here.   

What do I need to set up the app?

For the initial set-up and login you will need your employer number, member number and PIN. Your employer and member number are both included on your member card. Your PIN number is the same as the one you currently use to log-in to the Equip website.

If you have any issues setting up the app or haven’t received the above details please contact our Helpline on 1800 682 626.

What are the minimum system requirements?

iPhone users require iOS 9.0 or later. 

Android users requires Android 4.0 or later.

Your quick balance

Quick Balance allows you to see your account balance by swiping left on the login screen. This feature needs to be turned on within the App Settings (under Quick Balance). Please note that the Quick Balance is cached, and may not show your most up to date account balance. For the most up to date details please log-in to your account.  

Face ID

Face ID is available. This feature needs to be turned on within the App Settings (under Login Settings)

Changing your app PIN

You can change the PIN used for accessing the App in the App settings menu. Select Change Device Pin and follow the prompts. Please note: This will not change your website log-in PIN.

Multiple accounts

You can toggle between multiple Equip accounts within the app. Simply click on your account number (at the top of the screen) and you can switch between any other accounts you may have. Please note that whichever account you register with will be your default account when you open the app in the future.   

Using the new app - the basics

Returning to the dashboard from anywhere in the secure section of the site

Click the Equip logo at the top left of screen. This brings up the main dashboard screen.

Showing the navigation ribbon from anywhere in the secure section of the site

Click the navigation menu (three horizontal bars) located in the top right of the screen. This will bring up a menu allowing you to jump to the main areas within the dashboard. 

Changing personal details

Click the blue Personal Details avatar at the top right of your screen. Select update your personal details. Input the new details. 

You can also change your Preference Centre settings from this screen by clicking Preference Centre towards the top of your screen. This allows to select your preferred communications channels.

Changing communication preferences

Click the blue Personal Details avatar at the top right of your screen. Then click on View/Update communication preferences on the left. To select all electronic methods, click the check box at the top of the list and it will activate this option for all items. Otherwise choose the options for each category. Submit.

Finding BPAY reference details

Click the blue Personal Details avatar at the top right of your screen. BPAY reference details can be found by scrolling right to the bottom of the screen. Your tax file number must be held by the fund for these details to be visible. If your TFN is not held, no BPAY details will be shown.

Using the new app - account balances

Finding account balance

Account Balance appears in the Account Balance column of the dashboard, or via the navigation menu. This column contains an overview of your selected account. To see more detail, tap the View account balance button.

Finding statements

Go to Account Balance on the dashboard (first column). From the Account statements drop down list at the bottom of this column, select the statement you want to view from the drop down menu. Click Download PDF to view. 

Viewing transactions on your account

Go to Account Activity on the navigation menu, or click on My Account Activity at the bottom of the Account Activity column (second column).

Filtering contributions

Within the Account Activity screen select contributions in the Activity type drop down menu available through the “filter” icon at the right of the screen. Click to Apply. 

Filtering deductions and payments

Within the Account Activity screen select deductions or payments in the Activity type drop down menu available through the “filter” icon at the right of the screen. Click to Apply.

Seeing other account activity (messages, alerts)

Go to Account Activity in the navigation ribbon from the navigation icon or click on My account activity at the bottom of the Account Activity column (second column). If you have messages, a red number will appear on the envelope icon to the left of the navigation ribbon icon. Click the envelope to view your messages. Current messages or alerts will sit at the top of your activity list. Or select either messages and/or alerts in Activity type drop down menu available through the “filter” icon at the right of the screen. Click to Apply. Click on logos at top right of the container to filter, export or print.

Using the new app - investments

Finding investment option information

Go to Investments in the navigation ribbon from the navigation icon or go to the bottom of the Current Investments column (third column) and click on the My investments. You’ll go to the Investments page, and your current investment options will show. Click an investment option to see option descriptions, objectives, standard risk measure, minimum suggested timeframe, asset allocation and current performance.

For members with a defined benefit only (no option for an accumulation account) the Investment page will not be accessible, since there is no choice for how their benefit is invested. 

Finding unit prices

Go to Investments from the navigation menu, or go to the bottom of the Current Investments column and click on My Investments Options. You’ll go to the Investments page, scroll to Unit Prices. Insert a date in a box and press submit to see unit prices for that day. (Note: you will only be able to see the unit prices for one date at a time, not multiple dates).

Changing investments - current account balance

Go to Investments from the navigation menu, or go to the bottom of the Current Investments column and click on My Investment Options. Scroll down to Current Investments. This shows the amounts and percentage of how your account balance is split between investment options. Click edit to change. Indicate the percentage amounts of your account you would like to allocate to your preferred investment option(s) ensuring the total equals 100%. 

Press submit. You will receive a receipt number to confirm your request has been submitted. Your request will also be listed in Your account activity, along with your receipt number.  You will also receive a confirmation in your account activity when your switch has been completed.
NB A DB member who has an accumulation account which has a current balance will be able to make an investment choice for their accumulation account balance. 

Changing investments - future contributions/future pension payments

Go to Investments from the navigation menu or go to the bottom of the Current Investments column and click on Investments. Scroll down to Future contributions/Future pension payments. This shows the percentage of how your future contributions are allocated to your chosen investment option(s). Click edit to change. Select the percentage of your future contributions you wish to allocate to a particular option(s) ensuring the total equals 100%. Press submit. 

You will receive a receipt number to confirm your request has been submitted. Your request will also be listed in Your account activity, along with your receipt number. You will also receive a confirmation in your account activity when your switch has been completed.

Defined benefit members who have (or have the option of having) an accumulation account will be able to change their future contributions, regardless of whether they have an accumulation account balance.

Seeing investment performance

For current performance, go to Investments on navigation ribbon from the navigation icon or go to the bottom of the Current Investments column (third column) and click on the My investment options at the bottom of the column. To see the current performance of a particular investment option, click on that option and then click Investment performance within the pop up. 

Using the new app - insurance

Finding insurance cover

Go to Insurance on dashboard (fourth column). If you have cover, this shows your current total benefit amount for Death; Total and Permanent Disablement, Income Protection cover. Click Assess my insurance at the bottom of the column. The Insurance page will open and details of any current insurance are provided in the table at the bottom of the screen.  

Changing cover

To request cover, cancel or to increase or decrease cover, you need to complete the relevant form, which can be downloaded from the Equipsuper website.

Using the new app - other common features

Finding your concessional (before tax) contributions

Click the navigation ribbon icon (three horizontal bars) at the top right of screen. Click Contribution caps icon (fourth from the bottom on the ribbon). This shows your total concessional contributions for this account for the current financial year.

Finding your non-concessional (after tax) contributions

Non-concessional contributions can be seen on the Account activity page, where you can sort by contribution types. Go to Account Activity on navigation ribbon from the navigation icon or click on My account activity at the bottom of the Account Activity column (second column). 

Consolidating other super account balances into this account

Click the navigation ribbon icon (three horizontal bars) at the top right of screen. Click the Consolidate icon (sixth icon from the top of the ribbon).
If we have your TFN number, click the Find my super button and we will search the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) database in real time.  You will get a message on the Consolidate page if we don’t hold your TFN, and you won’t be able to do a search. Provide your TFN through your Personal details page, then you will be able to do a search. The ATO search should take only a few minutes. Click the View your results link to view your results. 

Any super accounts, including your current Equipsuper account or money held by the ATO will be shown in the results section. You can select the account and the amount(s) you wish to roll into your current Equip account, by checking the box against each account, then click Go at the bottom of the page. You will receive a summary screen, if you want to proceed, click Submit on the summary screen. You can then select accounts and amounts you wish to consolidate.

If you know your other account details (from an old statement) you can click the Manual search button, which will allow you to search on your previous super fund. Select the correct fund from the list by clicking the Add button.  Your nominated other super will then be listed, insert the account number of your previous account and select the amount you wish to consolidate. Select the account and the amount to be consolidated and click Go at the bottom right of the page.

Updating beneficiaries

Click the navigation ribbon icon (three horizontal bars) at the top right of screen. Click the Beneficiaries icon (fifth from the top of the ribbon).
You can see any non-binding beneficiaries or binding nominations (or reversionary annuitant if you have a pension account) listed below, along with their relationship to you and the percentage of benefit allocated to them.

To update a preferred beneficiary click Edit, then click Add, insert the name, relationship to you, the amount of your benefit allocated to them and press Submit.

To update a binding nomination, you must complete a Binding death benefit nomination form, which you can download by clicking the form link located above the Beneficiaries table.  

If you have made a reversionary nomination, you cannot change this once it has been made and your pension has commenced.

Using the retirement income simulator

Click the navigation ribbon icon (three horizontal bars) at the top right of screen. Click the Tools icon (third from the bottom of the ribbon). Click Retirement income simulator under the first tool icon on the page to launch the tool.  Then follow the instructions. 

Note you can also use the sliders in the Account Balance page, accessible from the Account Balance column (on the left of the dashboard).
Click View account balance two thirds of the way down the column. This brings up the sliders. Change various settings and click Update to see how scenarios can change your retirement outcomes.

Withdrawals (for pension members)

Click the navigation ribbon icon (three horizontal bars) at the top right of screen. Click the Withdrawals icon (second from the bottom on the ribbon). Click Edit to update your annual pension payment amount or frequency details. Once you have confirmed your changes are correct, click Submit. Your receipt number and this request will show in your Account activity list.

If you have an allocated pension, you can request a lump sum withdrawal. Click Request a one off payment, then enter the amount. Confirm your request and click Submit to proceed. 

Requesting a Centrelink schedule

You can also access your Centrelink schedule from the Personal details page. Click Update your personal details, then be sure to tick box next to Find out more to Request a Centrelink schedule and be sure to hit Submit to send your request. You’ll receive a receipt number for this request which will be shown on your account activity page.

Low fees and a history of strong returns. Compare us.

Get in touch

Do you need additional assistance?

Fill in your details, and Equip’s Member Services team will call you back.

Thank you. An Equip representative will be in touch shortly.