1 April 2019 Equip Member Director - call for nominations
As an Equip member, you are able to nominate your interest in being considered for the position of Member Director, subject to your eligibility under the Board Appointment and Renewal Policy and Fit and Proper Policy. The appointed Director will sit on the Boards of both Equipsuper Pty Ltd, the Trustee, and Equipsuper Financial Holdings Pty Ltd.
Nominations open on Wednesday 12 December 2018 and must be received by us by no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday 18 January 2019.
It is important that our Board of Directors collectively has the breadth of skills and experience required to set the strategic direction of the Fund in the best interests of members. Presently, the Equip Board comprises three Member Directors, three Employer Directors and three Independent Directors. The term of one of the Member Directors expires in the first half of 2019.
In addition to the general skills requirement, the Board has determined that for the available Board position, it is seeking members with position-specific skills in investments and risk management.
A candidate must meet the minimum skills and qualifications requirements. An external party independent of the Board and Management has been engaged to assess the skills, education, qualifications and experience of all persons offering themselves for appointment as a Member Director. You are encouraged to read the Board Appointment and Renewal Policy, Fit and Proper Policy and Member Director Competency Statement to ensure you understand Equip’s requirements.
Police and Bankruptcy Records, qualifications authentication and conflicts of interest checks will also be undertaken.
Existing Directors are also eligible to stand for re-appointment.
There will be one (1) Member Director position available in the 2019 appointment.
- have been a Fund member for at least 90 days, at the time you nominate yourself;
- satisfy all the requirements of the Trustee's Board Appointment and Renewal Policy, including the general eligibility criteria and the skills requirements; and
- be aged 18 or over at the time of your nomination.
The successful candidate will be expected to take office from 1 April 2019.
If you are interested in becoming an Equip director, you should download the complete Candidate Information Pack below, which includes:
To nominate yourself as a candidate, you must:
1. Review the competency statement to ensure that you meet the minimum eligibility criteria for qualifications, education and experience.
2. Complete the nomination form.
3. Attach a copy of your curriculum vitae to the nomination form.
4. Complete the probity check documents listed in the nomination form.
5. Lodge your nomination by returning:
a. the completed Nomination Form;
b. a curriculum vitae; and
c. the completed probity check documents.
The completed documents may be returned by email to email@example.com
Hard copy forms will be accepted and should be returned to:
Equipsuper Pty Ltd
PO Box 625
Collins Street West
Melbourne VIC 8007
Nominations close at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, 18 January 2019.