What we're looking for
We seek high calibre individuals to join us – people who are committed to our organisational goals and values.
Equip embraces change and strives for excellence in its relationships with members and employers. Whether you’re a graduate, a specialist, a senior manager or executive, you’ll find our latest employment opportunities here. We provide a professional, stimulating and friendly work environment and our dynamic team promotes a focused and collaborative culture.
To find out more or to apply for any Equip roles please contact Sarah Guthleben on (03) 9248 5928 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equip is an equal opportunity employer.
To be eligible for employment, you must be an Australian / New Zealand citizen or hold permanent residency status in Australia.
Outbound Calling Consultant
If you thrive on contacting members and providing accurate and timely information about superannuation then this role is for you. The purpose of this position is to proactively contact members via direct outbound calling to encourage active engagement with their superannuation fund. The successful candidate will provide general advice and exemplary customer service to members in an efficient, professional and accurate manner. Based in Melbourne the successful candidate will have an outgoing and positive outlook together with previous superannuation experience, preferably in defined benefits and will be either working towards or already RG146 compliant.
Risk Specialist. Two Roles - Operational Risk Specialist & Investment Risk Specialist
You are open and have a transparent communication style that builds trust with the business. You seek to understand the business’ objectives, and partner with them to identify how to achieve their goals, within the risk appetite of the Board. You say ‘yes, if’ wherever possible. You’re comfortable challenging stakeholders at all levels and asking the hard questions.
You will have worked in the financial services industry for 4 or more years in superannuation administration, technology transformation, fraud prevention and detection, audit, or perhaps in an area we don’t yet know we need! While a background in risk management is a bonus, it’s not a prerequisite for this role.
About the role Operational Risk Specialist
Equip is in the next phase of its risk journey and seeks an enthusiastic risk specialist to lead its operational risk management program.
Reporting to the Head of Risk, the purpose of this position is to support the business in delivering excellent member outcomes, focused on member experience by:
- Developing, implementing and leading a second line operational risk management program
- Being a trusted business partner in operational risk management, providing effective challenge to current operational risk management practices
- Identifying and investigating operational risks, escalating these to the risk owners, and facilitating risk aware decision making across the business
- Owning key frameworks such as the Fraud Risk Framework and Operational Risk Capital Model
- Supporting the Head of Risk in the continuous development of Equip’s Risk Management Framework
- Conducting analysis of risk events to identify and implement process improvements across Equip, including incident management oversight
- Support the Head of Risk in managing Equip’s business continuity arrangements
While this position is operational risk focused, the role will branch out into other risk specialisations as required by the business including strategic risk challenge, project risk support and any other areas in pursuit of Equip’s strategy.
About the role Risk Specialist – Investment Risk
Equip is in the next phase of its risk journey and seeks an enthusiastic risk specialist to lead its investment risk management program.
The purpose of this position is to support the business in delivering excellent member outcomes, focused on investment value by:
- Developing, implementing and leading a second line investment risk management program
- Being a trusted business partner in investment risk management, providing effective challenge to current investment risk management practices
- Identifying and investigating investment management related risks, escalating these to the risk owners, and facilitating risk aware decision making across the investment function
- Supporting the Head of Risk in the continuous development of Equip’s Risk Management Framework
- Conduct analysis of risk events to identify and implement process improvements across Equip
While this position is investment risk focused, the role will branch out into other risk specialisations as required by the business including strategic risk challenge, plan solvency risk, project risk support and any other areas required by the business in pursuit of Equip’s strategy.
We are looking for an experienced assistant company secretary who is looking for their next challenge. The ideal candidate will have a penchant for governance and be highly focused on details.
This position requires a collaborative and persuasive, solutions focused individual who is tertiary qualified in a relevant field, but is not necessarily a lawyer. The successful applicant would likely have prior experience in financial services, preferably superannuation.
Key responsibilities are:
- act as Assistant Company Secretary in providing company secretarial services to the Board and Board Committees, and support the Executive Officer Governance & Risk in all aspects of the Company Secretarial functions
- act as Assistant Company Secretary to all subsidiary companies of Equip
- the maintenance of statutory records and management of lodgements with ASIC and APRA
- the management of all the Board governance processes, including Director elections/appointment processes and the Directors' training program
- support the business in all aspects of Equip's governance function, including the continuous development of Equip's Governance Framework and Conflicts Management Framework, and
- promote and support appropriate governance practices across Equip.
If you are a strong team player and have experience within the financial services industry reporting and regulatory environment then this role might be the next step in your career.
Assistant Product Manager
We are looking for a talented candidate to develop their career by participating in a broad range of both strategic and tactical product related activities to support that growth. The role will support these activities by:-
• Being responsible for the maintenance of product materials including internal product documentation, external disclosure documentation and other project artefacts.
• Supporting internal stakeholders need for product design information, responding to queries promptly and accurately, to meet the needs of members, employers and other customers.
• Proactively assisting the product team to evaluate the appropriateness of the suite of Equip products; and
• Assisting in the implementation of new and revised products including supporting the marketing, communications and other related processes.
To be considered for this important position you are likely to possess 3 or more years superannuation experience, preferably with exposure to defined benefit funds however not essential. You will likely have tertiary qualifications in a relevant field, have a high attention to detail, a well-honed numeric capability and ability to think laterally. Additionally you will possess a professional can do approach, with a genuine desire to provide exemplary service across our business.
Due to our ongoing growth we have the need for an additional person to join our operations team. This is a contract role that would suit someone who loves a small team environment, rolling up their sleeves and mucking in. The successful candidate will :-
- Provide administrative and assessment support to the Insurance Operations Manager by maintaining focus on assessments of underwriting and claim applications.
- Steer continuous progress and improvement by providing day to day direction and guidance to the Administrator and/or Insurer for routine, technical and complex applications.
- Provide clear and concise technical analysis of the relevant member’s medical, occupational and financial circumstances within the scope of the insurance policy to reach fair and reasonable decisions and provide determination recommendations to Management.
To be considered for this role you are likely to possess 2-3 years experience in a similar role, preferably with exposure to defined benefit funds. You will be RG146 compliant and have worked within the life insurance industry. Additionally you will possess a professional can do approach, with a genuine desire to provide exemplary service to our members.
If you are reliable and hardworking, you will have the opportunity to enhance your career within a supportive and friendly environment with plenty of learning opportunities.
Head of Procurement
As part of our continued growth trajectory we have identified the need for an experienced Procurement Specialist to develop and deliver a procurement framework and sourcing strategy to the Fund.
Operating independently but part of a core function of the business the successful candidate will, in this green fields role :-
- Develop and deliver a procurement framework and sourcing strategy to provide the Fund with a sound basis for making responsible procurement decisions.
- Work with the appropriate teams within the business to develop processes to support procurement tenders for goods and services that facilitate good contract governance.
- Develop and maintain an expenditure policy consistent with the Funds strategic objectives.
- Work with the business to identify and manage supply chains that support the Funds ethos whilst establishing appropriate performance standards and evaluation processes.
To be considered for this key position you are likely to possess 2-3 years experience in a Procurement Management role and be ready to take the next step and develop the function. Additionally you will possess a professional can do approach, tertiary qualifications in a relevant field, and demonstrated experience in building relationships and managing providers and suppliers.If you are energetic and enthusiastic, you will have the opportunity to enhance your career within a supportive and friendly environment with plenty of learning opportunities.