1 July 2018 Equip member directors - call for nominations
As an Equip member, you are able to nominate your interest in being considered for the position of member director, subject to your eligibility under the Appointment and Renewal Policy. The appointed directors will sit on the boards of both Equipsuper Pty Ltd, the Trustee, and Equipsuper Financial Holdings Pty Ltd. Nominations close at 5:00 p.m. on 23 March 2018.
Nominations open on Thursday 1 March 2018 and must be received by us by no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday 23 March 2018.
It is important that our board of directors collectively has the breadth of skills and experience required to set the strategic direction of the fund in the best interest of members. Presently, the Equip board comprises three member directors, three employer directors and three independent directors. The terms of two member directors expire in the first half of 2018.
In addition to the general skills requirement, the Board has determined that for the available board positions, it is seeking members with position-specific skills, being:
- 1 director with skills in investments; and
- 1 director with skills in digital marketing strategy.
A candidate may only nominate for one director position and must meet the minimum skills and qualifications requirements. An external party independent of the Board and Management has been engaged to assess the skills, education, qualifications and experience of all persons offering themselves for appointment as a member director. You are encouraged to read the Appointment and Renewal Policy and Member Director Competency Statements to ensure you understand how the skills streams will operate.
Police and Bankruptcy Records, qualifications authentication and conflicts of interest checks will also be undertaken.
Existing directors are also eligible to stand for re-appointment.
There will be two (2) member director positions available in the 2018 appointment.
- be a Fund member at the time you nominate yourself;
- satisfy all the requirements of the Trustee's Appointment and Renewal Policy, including the general eligibility criteria and the skills requirements; and
- be aged 18 or over at the time of your nomination.
Directors will be expected to take office for three years from 1 July 2018.
If you are interested in becoming an Equip director, you should download the following documents:
To nominate yourself as a candidate, you must:
1. Review the relevant competency statement to ensure that you meet the minimum eligibility criteria for qualifications, education and experience.
2. Complete the nomination form.
3. Attach a copy of your curriculum vitae to the nomination form.
4. Complete the probity check documents listed in the nomination form.
5. Lodge your nomination by returning:
a. the completed nomination form;
b. a curriculum vitae; and
c. the completed probity check documents.
The completed documents may be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hard copy forms will also be accepted and should be returned to
Equipsuper Pty Ltd
PO Box 625
Collins Street West
Melbourne VIC 8007